GW Banner

GW Banner

Saturday, February 10, 2018

DECK: Punishing Maverick, 1/19/18

In January 2018, I finally finished acquiring all the significant foils I planned on having in my Punishing Maverick deck. Here is the result:


Creatures

Noncreatures

Lands

Sideboard



In the maindeck, the basics, Karakas, and Sylvan Library remain un-foiled. This is intentional, and I don't plan on acquiring foil versions of these. For Karakas and Library, Legends is more pimp than any foil version in my opinion. In this sideboard, and my pool of Maverick sideboard cards, there are still a number of non foils. While I might pick up foils of some of these here and there, its not something I'm actively pursuing. As such, I consider the foiling of this deck to be finished. It took over 3 years, with my first Maverick foils being purchased at GP New Jersey in November 2014. As for my next pimp project...maybe I'll be upgrading my dual lands, who can say.

2 comments:

  1. So I'm relatively new to maverick but have been playing the punishing fire version. I recently started testing a list with both punishing fire and thalia main. I wanted to ij mprove my combo matchups and don't know how greedy it is. Am I just deluding the deck or enhancing It?
    I'll be at the complex(Maine legacy 1k) This Sunday if your going.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Punishing Fire and Thalia can be awkward together at times. But having both in your maindeck definitely widens the range of favorable game 1's you have across the field. If you want to improve game 1 against spell-based combo, I think its OK to have Thalia main.

      Delete