GW Banner

GW Banner

Sunday, November 26, 2017

DECK: Esper Mentor

Esper Mentor was an archetype that always vaguely interested me, but I never saw I list I liked and didn't invest any effort into developing my own. I was spared by Hanni Alnimer, who made Top8 at Eternal Weekend a month ago with this list.

I don't think there's anything innovative in Hanni's list, but something about it just "clicked" with me. I picked up Mentors and Therapies and have now played four weekly events with the deck (11-5-1 record), tweaking it along the way. Here is where I'm currently at:

Win-cons

Instants & Sorceries

Lands

Sideboard




As you may notice, I haven't changed Hanni's MD spellbase at all, which feels very good and tight so far. This is my first experience playing with Cabal Therapy and Monastery Mentor (not to mention 12 cantrips), which give the deck a different texture than classic Esper Deathblade and have led to many misplays. What I've enjoyed casting the most is Gitaxian Probe. While obviously great with Therapy and Meddling Mage, even individually the card is incredibly powerful. 

No comments:

Post a Comment