A few months ago this somewhat obscure Legacy deck won a small SCG Legacy IQ. Upon seeing this, I immediately bought the few cards I was missing to build it. However, I still haven't played it. A friend wanted to give it a spin at FNM and I was all to happy to oblige as the deck looks sweet.
The meta included:
1 False Cure Stompy
2 Esper Deathblade (I was one of them)
1 Esper Stoneblade
3 BR Griselbrand Reanimator (!!)
1 Miracles w/Mentor
1 Punishing Jund
1 RUG Lands
1 A.N.T.
1 UG Infect
1 BUG "Miracle Slayer" Delver
1 Team America
1 Shardless BUG
Here is the list I designed as a first draft based off the IQ winning list:
Final Record: 2-2
Its worth noting that no quick combo kills were achieved all night-right now we think this is improbable without several copies of Reverent Silence in the 75.
The meta included:
1 False Cure Stompy
2 Esper Deathblade (I was one of them)
1 Esper Stoneblade
3 BR Griselbrand Reanimator (!!)
1 Miracles w/Mentor
1 Punishing Jund
1 RUG Lands
1 A.N.T.
1 UG Infect
1 BUG "Miracle Slayer" Delver
1 Team America
1 Shardless BUG
Here is the list I designed as a first draft based off the IQ winning list:
| FALSE CURE, 8/26/16 | |
|---|---|
|
|
|
|
The maindeck looks nice and streamlined but the sideboard needs work. Part of the problem with building the SB is that I have no idea what the good and bad matchups are for this deck. The most important thing right now is to get in games to see what works and what doesn't.
Here is how my friend's rounds with the deck went:
Round 1: Esper Stoneblade (2-1)
I've played against False Cure once with Deathblade, and must say the matchup felt very lopsided in The Cure's favor. True-Name Nemesis and Batterskull are ineffective before the might of Kavu Predator.
Round 2: BR Griselbrand Reanimator (2-1)
It turns out False Cure is very powerful against Griselbrand.
Round 3: Esper Deathblade (1-2)
My friend lost out in close games. He said he could have won this match but made a pretty bad misplay, which I believe.
Round 4: Team America (0-2)
He said this seemed like a bad matchup.
He said this seemed like a bad matchup.
Final Record: 2-2
Its worth noting that no quick combo kills were achieved all night-right now we think this is improbable without several copies of Reverent Silence in the 75.
The manabase was reported to be problematic, and the SB will probably change as there are many other options we would like to test. Overall, we're eager to keep working on the deck.
No comments:
Post a Comment