I played Esper Deathblade at one of my weeklies yesterday. There was a good turnout of ~30 players so it was a 5-round event.
The meta was wonderfully diverse and included:
2 A.N.T.
1 Aggro Loam
1 Aluren
1 BR Griselbrand
1 Bant Deathblade
1 Burn
1 Death & Taxes
2 Eldrazi Stompy
1 Enlightened Tutor Miracles
1 Esper Deathblade
1 Grixis Delver
1 Legend Miracles
1 Loam Pox
1 Mentor Miracles
1 Miracles
2 Moggcatcher Stompy
1 Mono-Green Cloudpost
1 Mono-White Stax
1 RG Lands
2 Shardless BUG
1 UB Reanimator
1 UG Infect
1 UR Delver
Here is my generic, somewhat "retro" list:
My rounds went as follows:
Round 1: Shardless BUG (2-0)
Round 2: UG Infect (2-0)
Round 3: Burn (2-0)
Round 4: Mentor Miracles (1-1)
Round 5: Aggro Loam (2-0)
Final Record: 4-0-1, putting me in 1st place for a nice chunk of store credit.
There must be something good going on with the list for me to come out on top in 3 unfavorable matchups (Shardless, Burn, Aggro Loam), but I think I also had better luck than my opponents.
My round against Miracles, another unfavorable matchup, was very close. I won the 1st game and was in a good position to win the 2nd, but lost it due to misplaying a Deathrite Shaman activation. We didn't have enough time left to finish the 3rd game.
I've been playing something pretty similar at weeklies over the last few months, and while I don't always do great with it I never do terribly. The only change I might make moving forward is cutting the Mana Leak, which I'm trying out but has been unimpressive. There are a few cards that could replace it, including Counterspell, Spell Pierce, Spell Snare, or Vendilion Clique. Another possibility is replacing the 2nd Zealous Persecution in the sideboard with a Toxic Deluge.
The meta was wonderfully diverse and included:
2 A.N.T.
1 Aggro Loam
1 Aluren
1 BR Griselbrand
1 Bant Deathblade
1 Burn
1 Death & Taxes
2 Eldrazi Stompy
1 Enlightened Tutor Miracles
1 Esper Deathblade
1 Grixis Delver
1 Legend Miracles
1 Loam Pox
1 Mentor Miracles
1 Miracles
2 Moggcatcher Stompy
1 Mono-Green Cloudpost
1 Mono-White Stax
1 RG Lands
2 Shardless BUG
1 UB Reanimator
1 UG Infect
1 UR Delver
Here is my generic, somewhat "retro" list:
| ESPER DEATHBLADE, 8/9/16 | |
|---|---|
|
|
|
|
My rounds went as follows:
Round 1: Shardless BUG (2-0)
Round 2: UG Infect (2-0)
Round 3: Burn (2-0)
Round 4: Mentor Miracles (1-1)
Round 5: Aggro Loam (2-0)
Final Record: 4-0-1, putting me in 1st place for a nice chunk of store credit.
There must be something good going on with the list for me to come out on top in 3 unfavorable matchups (Shardless, Burn, Aggro Loam), but I think I also had better luck than my opponents.
My round against Miracles, another unfavorable matchup, was very close. I won the 1st game and was in a good position to win the 2nd, but lost it due to misplaying a Deathrite Shaman activation. We didn't have enough time left to finish the 3rd game.
I've been playing something pretty similar at weeklies over the last few months, and while I don't always do great with it I never do terribly. The only change I might make moving forward is cutting the Mana Leak, which I'm trying out but has been unimpressive. There are a few cards that could replace it, including Counterspell, Spell Pierce, Spell Snare, or Vendilion Clique. Another possibility is replacing the 2nd Zealous Persecution in the sideboard with a Toxic Deluge.
No comments:
Post a Comment