Its been a while since I did one of these. Here is the UW Delver deck I played at a local event recently (4-0 - beat UWr Twin, TES, UR Delver, and 5C Humans).
I first tried this archetype in some side events at Eternal Weekend and had a blast. Legacy players love to hate Delver/Stoneforge Mystic decks for some reason, but I've always liked them and this is my favorite iteration so far. Earlier this year I played a lot of UWr Delver, but it just hasn't felt the same since Probe got banned.
![]() |
| Maindeck |
![]() |
| Sideboard |
I first tried this archetype in some side events at Eternal Weekend and had a blast. Legacy players love to hate Delver/Stoneforge Mystic decks for some reason, but I've always liked them and this is my favorite iteration so far. Earlier this year I played a lot of UWr Delver, but it just hasn't felt the same since Probe got banned.
The list is pretty "stock", not deviating significantly from Owen's GP list except for some sideboard choices. The amount of graveyard hate he had seemed egregious, so I trimmed it down. The omission of a 2nd Back to Basics is based on my card availability, but I'm not sure two is even the correct number. Spell Snare is fantastic right now so I had to dedicate a slot for it.
More recently a Japanese player made top 8 of GP Shizuoka with this deck, but I dislike several of their choices, primarily 1) cutting the 4th Spell Pierce and 2) running zero Council's Judgment in the side. The full set of Spell Pierce is sooo good with Snapcaster, and the versatility of Judgement necessitates its inclusion despite its clunkiness by my estimation.


No comments:
Post a Comment