I'm continuing to test Maverick in preparation for the SCG Legacy Open in Worcester this coming Saturday. I sleeved up GWb Maverick for a few events, but was pretty unsatisfied with it overall, so I'm going back to Punishing Maverick. Punishing Maverick is probably a "worse" deck, but suits me much better, which is ultimately quite important.
This time around, I've decided to try dropping the maindeck Loam and Dark Depths combo to play a 4th Wasteland and a full Equipment package of 3 SFM + 1 Jitte + 1 Sword + 1 Batterskull. The Loam was ok, but never quite pulled its weight. One reason I decided to play Loam was to have the ability to buy back the Dark Depths combo, but this situation never arose in the many games I played with it. While Dark Depths has been great, I sometimes miss having all 4 Wastelands.
In the sideboard I'm trying Xenagos, the Reveler in place of Garruk Relentless. I'll definitely play Garruk at Worcester, but Xenagos might not be terrible. Another card I'm trying is Winter Orb, which I've never played before. It looks solid against unfavorable matchups like Miracles, Lands, and Cloudpost while fitting into an E-Tutor package.
 |
| Creature Spells |
 |
| Noncreature Spells |
 |
| Lands |
 |
| Sideboard |
No comments:
Post a Comment