GW Banner

GW Banner

Sunday, May 22, 2016

DECK: Punishing Maverick, 5/22/16

I have a few bigger events coming up this Summer and I'm strongly considering playing some kind of Punishing Maverick deck, so I've been playing the it extensively for the last few weeks. I tried to come up with a build that had game against Miracles, Shardless BUG, Lands, and Eldrazi. This pile was the result:

Creature Spells
Creature Spells


Noncreature Spells
Noncreature Spells


Lands
Lands


Sideboard
Sideboard




The list felt pretty good overall. I'm still on the fence about whether Deathrite Shaman should be played in Punishing Maverick. I do often miss the cleaner manabase of a pure Naya version with a basic Plains, and the intermittent mana production of Deathrite Shaman can sometimes be a liability in a deck that wants to make a lot of mana. However, Deathrite's sheer versatility as a hedge against random stuff can't be ignored and is probably best for a large, unknown meta. 

No comments:

Post a Comment