GW Banner

GW Banner

Sunday, January 31, 2016

DECK: Punishing Maverick, 1/29/16

I got a new phone recently with a much better camera than my old one. I thought I would try it out by taking some deck pictures. They look decent, but not as good as what I see posted on The Source for some reason...good cell-phone photography must be harder than it looks.

Without further ado, here is what I played at  FNM on 1/29/16 (Legacy FNM ftw!). Images are shrunk to fit but full versions can be found in this Imgur album: http://imgur.com/a/1B8mZ



Creature Spells
Creatures 


Noncreature Spells
Noncreature Spells 


Lands
Lands 


Sideboard & Tokens
Sideboard Etc. 





The FNM didn't go great...I went 1-2-1, beating Shardless (2-0), losing to BR Reanimator (0-2) and RG Lands (1-2), and drawing with Loam Pox (1-1). The BR Reanimator deck is played by two people at this store and its good hands are absurdly fast and powerful. Definitely the last thing you want to run into as a Naya-colored deck in Legacy! I will pack Surgicals in my sideboard next time I play this deck there.

People sometimes ask if I'm foiling the deck out, but I don't intend to. Its impossible to completely foil a Legacy deck with Dual lands anyway. I just get foils of cards I like or look nice. One day I might even convince myself that a Foil 7th-Ed Birds of Paradise is a justifiable purchase...

No comments:

Post a Comment